ATTENTION:
I've set up this simple forum as a back-up for the 3G community on Preludepower.com

For ease of use you can quickly log in using your Facebook account, up there /\ OR just register an account like usual.

Polyurethane Bushing part# for 88-91 Prelude

General '88 - '91 Prelude Discussion
1funryd United States of America
Mood:

Polyurethane Bushing part# for 88-91 Prelude

Post by 1funryd » 19 Aug 2017, 01:18

cudaboy - THIS FIRST POST/PAGE WILL BE UPDATED AS NEEDED
MODS!!!PLEASE STICKY THIS IN F.A.Q.!!!!
IF THIS THREAD HAS HELPED YOU PLEASE GIVE THE
THREAD STARS AND ME REP POINTS!!!!!

Super Pro/Superflex- Some Bushings had no factory pics

Pictures have been saved to my Computer and sent to Photobucket,
And will be good as long as I am here and I have been here for 5
Years. These prices are the current prices on Tein’s Website
Price list. I would like to add that I saved Tein’s prices back in May
But at that time I only saved the bushings I couldn’t get from ES or
Orijin. However looking the prices below just created in the last week
Every part number has gone up $10 so it would be safe to presume if
You ordered every bushing from Superpro you are paying an extra
$100 compared to just 4 months ago. I correct that, for all four corners the price went up $56 for the upper control arm bushings! So more like $140! Blame it on cost of gas/diesel or their last attempt to make some money off these bushings before discontinuing them or another words
Greed!!.

SPF2131K Front Control Arm Lower - Inner Bushing: $60.00 for pair
#8 in Factory Parts Catalog Diagram:

SUPERPRO DOES NOT HAVE A PART PIC FOR THIS BUSHING

SPF2132K Front Lower Control Arm Outer Bushing - Lower Shock Mount Bushing and Rear Lower Control Arm Outer Bushing - Lower Shock Mount Bushing
*$53.00 per pair
2 pair needed for front and rear. Total price: $106.00 for 4
Front bushing #13 in Factory Parts Catalog Diagram:

Rear bushing #6 in Factory Parts Catalog Diagram:

SPF2061K Front & Rear Upper Control Arm Bushing *$143.00 for pair
As I understand their catalog you need two pairs of these to get
All 4 corners. So $143 + $143 get a total of $286.00 for 4 corner
Front Bushing & Rear Bushings have no # :

SPF2129K Front Strut Bar To Chassis Mount Bushing: $50.00 for pair
Front #9 in Factory Parts Catalog Diagram:

SPF0904K Front Sway Bar Link Bushing Kit -no hardware^: $24.00 for pair
Front, #16 in Factory Parts Catalog Diagram:

SPF0265-_ _K Front Sway Bar Mount To Chassis Bushing: $28.00 for pair
Part number ends in 24k or 25k. I have 25mm on ’91si4ws
Front Sway Bar to Frame #2 and #3 in Factory Parts Catalog
Diagram:

SPF2133K Rear Lower Control Arm - Inner Bushing $62.00 for pair
Rear, Inner, Lower, #15 in Factory Parts Catalog Diagram:

SPF1767K Rear Strut Bar To Chassis Mount Bushing: $62.00 for pair
Rear Strut/ Radius Rod #22 in Factory Parts Catalog Diagram:

SPF1531K Rear Sway Bar End Link Bushing $50.00 for pair
Rear, Sway Bar End Link - Piece Bushing #11 in Factory Parts
Catalog Diagram:

SPF0904-4K Rear Sway Bar Link Lower Bushing: no hardware $16.00 for pair
Rear Sway bar, end links (or get or make mustard cat / Secluded
Rear sway bar end links #12 in Factory Parts Catalog Diagram:

SPF0266-_ _K Rear Sway Bar Mount To Chassis Bushing $19.00 for pair
Part number ends in 16k, 17k,18k,20k,22k,24k I have 17mm
On ‘91si4ws
Rear Sway Bar to Frame Bushing #10 in Factory Parts Catalog
Diagram:

FRONT UPPER SHOCK MOUNT BUSHINGS: SPF-1529K: $29.00 I am not sure these are needed at all with ksports but good if you have standard shocks/monroe/kyb/tokico. Part # 7 in factory parts drawing:

Superpro Total for entire car: $763.00!!!

The Alternative to SuperPro:

The Alternative to Super Pro, is comprised of Energy Suspension
Bushings and Prothane. All the Prothane and Energy Suspension Bushings have been cross - referenced through upto
Six different Part Catalogs including the Factory Honda Online
Parts Catalog. They should be a direct Bolt in. You can order Prothane from the website listed below from AJUSA.COM. Or any online Dealer! Including AMAZON.COM or SUSPENSION.COM They are great Bushings in quality. They just seem to be the cheapest by far!! If you want Black Bushings from prothane, add a (BL) on the end of the part number. You can Order Energy Suspension from Autozone.com or your local autozone store if you have one and save the shipping cost! For all ES ( Energy Suspension Parts) they are listed with an (R) on the end of the part number. This (R) is for red bushings and due to the way the ES part system works, Replace the (R) on the end of the part number with a (G) for Ordering if you want black bushings. Just order from any factory authorized website.

ALL SUPER PRO SUPER FLEX BUSHINGS COME WITH METAL WASHERS THAT GO ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE BUSHINGS. YOU WILL NEED TO BUY METAL WASHERS TO INSTALL THESE BUSHINGS CORRECTLY. EXCEPT THE STRUT/RADIUS ROD BUSHINGS THAT YOU JUST USE THE FACTORY WASHERS. YOU CAN BUY THESE METAL WASHERS BY THE BOX OF 100 ZINC PLATED FOR $ FROM MCMASTER.COM. OR ORDER THEM IN STAINLESS STEEL FOR MORE MONEY IN THE SAME SIZE. YOU NEED AT LEAST 30 IF NOT 32 TOTAL. THEY ARE COMMONLY CALLED FENDER WASHERS AND ARE FOR 3/8" BOLTS WITH AN OUTSIDE DIAMETER O.D. OF 1 1/2" IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SOURCE THEM LOCALLY. HERE ARE THE LINKS FOR THE MCMASTER WASHERS: ZINC PLATED 100qty PART #91090A115 $11.01 +SH/H: http://www.mcmaster.com/#91090a115/=t79gsl
WASHERS: STAINLESS STEEL THESE ARE SLIGHTLY THICKER BUT SHOULD WORK 25qty /buy 2 orders $9.22 X2 = $18.44 + SH/H PART #90313A115 http://www.mcmaster.com/#90313a115/=t79kyz I ALSO RECOMMEND BUYING THESE PLASTIC WASHERS TO GO INSIDE THE U.C.A. BUSHING HALVES. SOME HAVE SAID YOU DON'T NEED THEM AND SOME WERE ABLE TO USE THEM EITHER 1 OR TWO OR ANOTHERWORDS 2-4 PER UPPER CONTROL ARM SO 8qty to 16qty NEEDED. PART #95649A256 COMES IN PACKS OF 10qty SO ORDER 2qty MAX. $9.38 X 2QTY=$18.76 +SH/H: http://www.mcmaster.com/#95649a256/=t79pwd THESE ARE WHITE AND ARE IN THE MIDDLE IN PICTURES BELOW FOR THE UPPER CONTROL ARM BUSHINGS. (U.C.A.)

Prothane - PTP 8-210: Front Control Arm Lower - Inner Bushing $19.55 for pair
Ajusa website has this listed with the “PTP” and the receipt from
Them has it. However the package part number is just 8-210.

Prothane - PTP 8-907: Front and Rear Lower Control Arm ShockMount Bushing AKA FRONT AND REAR LOWER CONTROL ARM OUTER BUSHING: $16.55 for pair*
Two pair needed. $33.10 Total

Rear bushing #6 in Factory Parts Catalog Diagram:

SuperPro SPF-1767K: Rear Strut Bar To Chassis Mount Bushing$62.00 a pair
Rear Strut, Radius Rod.

SuperPro SPF2129K: Front Strut Bar / Radius Rod To Chassis $50.00 for pair
Mount Bushing: Sorry for the time being and maybe for eternity,
There is no other Honda that has the same bushing. I would like
To note that there is a remote chance that a civic or another car
Will yeild a bushing that is compatiable with the 3rd gen prelude.
It may be “doable” with just some reshaping from a powered
Sander. If you are familiar with Honda part numbers and how
they work. These front strut rod bushings have the same first part
of the part number as other Hondas but the latter numbers differ
and they didn’t cross reference on all catalogs like these other
bushings. I would like to add that my buddy Kalm Traveler has
the stock rubber bushings for these and have researched how to
Make PolyUrethane bushings. He is currently seeing if he can
make these using polyurethane sold by one of my favorite
Industrial Websites, McMasterCarr. This is the same website
that to my knowledge is one of the only websites that offer the
Correct BPST Fittings for plugging into the stock / block oil
Sending Unit location for oil pressure gauge or my tutorial
for S.S. Braided Oil Pressure Sender Relocation to the firewall
For adding Gauge or turbo feed lines. This is the alternative
To a sandwich Plate for reference!

Possible alternative, ES (Energy Suspension) 16.7102R, I have $13.99 a pair*
Bought these bushings and physically they look different from
The SuperPro bushings. Using the SuperPro Catalog these
Bushings match this model, make car but don’t match any
Other catalog. It is possible that SuperPro made these bushings
To kill two birds with one stone. I will update this once I have
A chance to compare these ES bushings to the stock bushings
I must add these bushings have the same first part number in
The part number sucession. Also for comparencence, The
Washers and the metal sleeve/ or bushing that these poly-
Bushings slide over are the same part number for the 3rd
Gen lude compared to the other model.

I will post a pic of the energy suspension bushing first and the Superpro bushing second for comparence. I will thirdly post a pic of the stock rear radius rod / strut bar bushing Honda Factory Part. Notice how the stock bushing is dome shape like the front radius rod / strut bar bushing! Notice how depending on confirmation the ES bushing matches the SuperPro or ProFlex dimensions that are nothing like the stock bushing!

ES (Energy Suspension) 16.8104R: Front Sway Bar End - $15.99
Link Bushing Kit. With Hardware! Install bolt head on bottom so the excess of the stud is on top and won't drag on anything.

ES (Energy Suspension) 9.5161R: Front Sway Bar Mount to $19.99
Chassis Bushing. 25mm/1” (inch), This is the greasable with
Zerk for quick greasing. The rear sway bar diameter is not
Available in zerk, greasable form. I plan to drill it and weld
In a zerk along with the upper control arms. The ultimate goal,
In the cold of winter be able to grease all polyurethane bushings
That need greasing within 5 minutes. These are listed under
The universal section of ES catalog.

Front Sway Bar to Frame #2 and #3 in Factory Parts Catalog
Diagram:

Or* ES (Energy Suspension) 9.5110R: Front Sway Bar Mount to$18.99*
Chassis Bushing 25mm/1” (inch), This is the non-greasable
Without zerk.

Or* Prothane PTP 8-1113 Front Sway Bar Mount to Frame 25mm $5.55*
90-97 Accord. They don’t state you get the bracket like ES.
I am guessing at this price you don’t.

ES (Energy Suspension) 9.5121R: Rear Sway to Body/Chassis/Frame Mount: 11/16” or 17mm non greasable$17.99 a pair
Non zerk Rear Sway Bar Mount to Chassis Bushing. These are
Only available without the zerks from ES.If you want to buy
These and drill a hole through bushing bracket and bushing
And add a zerk it is up to you.

I have 17mm
On ‘91si4ws
Rear Sway Bar to Frame Bushing #10 in Factory Parts Catalog Diagram:

Or, ES-(Energy Suspension) 9.5155R: This is the greasable $19.99 a pair*
version with (zerks) and has not been tested. I should also
note that this is a larger bushing and bracket physicaly and
is measured at 17.5 mm! Not the stock 17 mm. Granted .5mm isn't much so upto you.

Or, Prothane Universal 17mm- PTP 19-1116: No Zerk, with $10.55 a pair*
Bracket. However while reading their catalog these do have
Grease channels like the ES. Just no port with zerk.

SPF1531K Rear Sway Bar End Link Bushing End of Bar Eyelet: $50.00 for pair
Rear, Sway Bar End Link - Piece Bushing #11 in Factory Parts
Catalog Diagram:

Prothane PTP-8-1111: Rear Sway Bar End Link Bushing, End of Bar Eyelet: $5.55 a pair
Of the Rear Sway bar Bushing. These are the bushings that go
On either end of the Rear Sway Bar. They are the same bushings
That SuperPro lists for $50! For Reference the Super Pro part # is:
SPF-1531K, Here is the pic just make sure that people are clear on
This considering the price difference!

DON'T BUY THESE FROM PROTHANE!! I ordered these for a friend in europe. The package came in with the right part number but were very tiny swaybar to frame bushings. Until I find out if they were packaged wrong don't buy em. Their only $6 bucks but yeah. I am about to place a big honda order and will buy these stock bushings and collars and measure them and go from there. Thanks, Cudaboy!

Rear Sway Bar End Links Lower Bushings, for stock replacement $10.99 a pair These are basicaly for just replacement of secluded or mustard cat beefed up end links bushings as these would require some work with front or rear stock endlink brackets/studs.
ES (Energy Suspension) 9.8105R - (No Hardware) Just Bushings &
Washers.

Or Order Prothane: PTP 19-427. Universal Just Bushings. $6.55 a pair
“Disclaimer” Sorry Sean! (userid: 1funryd) link below. As you
state and AJUSA.com states and the Prothane PDF Catalog, these
are ½” inner diameter. The ES ones are 3/8” Inner Diameter! If
you use this Prothane Part it is at your own discression! I also
used a Vernier caliper on my old Stock Front Sway Bar End Link
Hardware and it is almost dead on 3/8”. Like I said above you
Did state the inner diameter in your thread. I am just making it
Clear!

Or Order Prothane: PTP 8-401 I am uncertain if this is just $13.55
Bushings with washers or if it includes the shaft?? These
These are taken from the civic, accord, & Integra. So they
May have the correct 3/8” inner bore.

Rear Sway Bar End Link Mustard Cat Reproduction Fixed Links:$42.50 shipped
With Hardware.

http://preludepower.com/forums/showthre ... t+endlinks

Rear Sway Bar Adjustable Secluded/RevRage Mustard cat modified End Links: with Hardware. $52.50 shipped
(for you low-riders) (Was sold by userid: secludedluder)(Currently sold by userid: RevRage)

http://preludepower.com/forums/showthre ... t=secluded

FRONT STANDARD SHOCKS TOP MOUNT BUSHING:ES (Energy Suspension) 16.8102R: ‘89 Civic Upper and lower $20.99
Shock mount bushing. Use the upper bushing and throw away
Or sell the lower bushing on egay! This is for the front upper
Shock mount only on the prelude. I don't think you need these if you have coilovers like the ksports.

Or Prothane PTP 8-901 ETC, Many Prothane #’s too choose from$17.55*
Look at interchange below.
# 7 in Factory Parts Diagram Below:

DISCONTINUED: Orijin P88CAB02: Front and Rear Upper Control Arm - Inner $180.00
Bushing. This is all the bushings needed for the upper control
Arms on one lude/car! If you just want the front or rear only
Look at the Orijin website for just a pair as they sell them in
Pairs aswell!

UCA BUSHINGS:

YOUR UPPER CONTROL ARM BUSHINGS HAVE TO BE PRESSED OUT. IF YOU BUY THE WHITELINE BRAND OR STOCK REPLACEMENT THEY HAVE TO BE PRESSED BACK IN.
WHITELINE: W52219 BUY TWO PACKAGES IF DOING BOTH FRONT AND REAR UPPER CONTROL ARMS.
SUPERPRO: SPF2061K BUY TWO PACKAGES IF DOING BOTH FRONT AND REAR UPPER CONTROL ARMS. USE THE METAL WASHERS THAT COME WITH THEM ON THE OUTSIDE OF EACH SET OF BUSHINGS. SO FOUR OUTER WASHERS PER EACH UPPER CONTROL ARM.
PROTHANE: 8-213 BUY TWO PACKAGES IF YOUR DOING BOTH FRONT AND REAR UPPER CONTROL ARMS. YOU HAVE TO SAND OR LIGHTLY GRIND THE OUTSIDE MATING EDGES OF THE MIDDLE BLACK UPPER CONTROL ARM ON BOTH SIDES TO MAKE THESE FIT. START SLOWLY AND TRY FITTING OFTEN. THIS MIDDLE BLACK ARM COMES APART FROM THE BUSHING HOLDERS ONCE YOU REMOVE THE UPPER CONTROL ARM BOLT. IT IS ALSO WHAT YOUR UPPER BALL JOINT BOLTS TO. YOU HAVE TO HAVE ENOUGH ROOM FOR A METAL WASHER ON EACH OUTSIDE EDGE OF ONE SET OF BUSHINGS. SO FOUR PER EACH UPPER CONTROL ARM. I WILL GIVE YOU THE PART NUMBER FOR ORDERING THESE METAL BUSHINGS FROM MCMASTER.COM IN ZINC PLATING AND YOU CAN USE THESE WASHERS ON ALL THE OTHER LOWER CONTROL ARM BUSHINGS THAT FIT BY PROTHANE AS WELL. OR YOU CAN SPEND A LITTLE EXTRA MONEY ON MCMASTER.COM AND GET STAINLESS STEEL WASHERS WITH SAME THICKNESS FOR SAME SIZE BOLT (SAME INNER DIAMETER) AND SAME OUTER DIAMETER. OR I GIVE THE MEASUREMENTS AND YOU CAN PURCHASE THESE WASHERS AT YOUR LOCAL HARDWARE STORE. THEY WILL BE CALLED FENDER WASHERS THERE.

OPTIONAL I GIVE PART NUMBER FOR SOME THIN PLASTIC WASHERS WHERE YOU WOULD USE ONE OR TWO IN BETWEEN EACH BUSHING PAIR. THERE ARE TWO PAIRS OF BUSHINGS FOR EACH UPPER CONTROL ARM OR ANOTHERWORDS FOUR HALVES. THIS PART NUMBER IS FOR THE MCMASTER.COM WEBSITE AS WELL.

PROTHANE Alternative for Upper Control Arm Bushings Front and Rear: PTP-8-213: USE METAL WASHERS FROM MCMASTER.COM OR HARDWARE STORE. PLUS PLASTIC SPACER WASHERS IF YOU WANT. THE Upper ARM MUST BE SANDED OR GROUND DOWN A HAIR TO FIT THESE! The METAL WASHERS I ended up with was like $8 for 100. Zinc Plated. They are for 3/8's bolts X a 1/16" on a fender washer O.D. is 1 1/2". Part #91090A115 $9.23. Plastic washer for spacer in the middle gap between Prothane left and right bushings that are two per upper control arm. May need two per bushing pair. UHMW Polyethylene flat washer 3/4" screw size, 1.312" O.D. .055" - .069" Thick, packs of 10, Two packs. Part #95649A256. $15T http://MCMASTER.COM

IF YOU ARE MECHANICALY INCLINED YOU MIGHT STRONGLY CONSIDER DRILL IN THE CENTER OF EACH BUSHING HOLDER, THERE ARE TWO PER EACH UPPER CONTROL ARM, A HOLE THE CORRECT SIZE AND TAP IT FOR A GREASE ZERK. OR DRILL YOUR HOLE AND WELD A SMALL NUT DIRECTLY CENTERED OVER IT THAT FITS YOUR GREASE ZERK. IF YOU DO THIS, I WOULD USE A DREMEL AND CUT A SMALL GROOVE IN EACH BUSHING INSIDE WALL ACROSS ITS DIAMETER TO FEED GREASE TO THE INSIDE. IF YOU WANTED TO YOU COULD DO THE SAME ON THE INSIDE OF EACH BUSHING HOLE IN A “T OR H” PATTERN. NOT TOO DEEP JUST ENOUGH TO ALLOW PROPER LUBRICATION. I WILL DO THIS WITH ALL MY BUSHINGS. THEN JUST BUY A MANUAL OR PNEUMATIC GREASE GUN AND ONLY STOCK IT WITH A TUBE OF MOBIL 1 RED PURE SYNTHETIC. IT HAS BEEN STATED THAT REGULAR PETROL GREASE WILL EAT AT THE POLYURETHANE. MY LOCAL O’REILLY’S AUTOPARTS STORE WAS HAPPY TO ORDER A BOX YEARS AGO SO I COULD BUY TWO TUBES. ABOUT $6 A TUBE BACK THEN.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PROTHANE Alternative for Upper Control Arm Bushings Front and Rear: PTP-8-213: USE METAL WASHERS FROM MCMASTER.COM OR HARDWARE STORE. PLUS PLASTIC SPACER WASHERS IF YOU WANT. THE Upper ARM MUST BE SANDED OR GROUND DOWN A HAIR TO FIT THESE! The METAL WASHERS I ended up with was like $8 for 100. Zinc Plated. They are for 3/8's bolts X a 1/16" on a fender washer O.D. is 1 1/2". Part #91090A115 $9.23. Plastic washer for spacer in the middle gap between Prothane left and right bushings that are two per upper control arm. May need two per bushing pair. UHMW Polyethylene flat washer 3/4" screw size, 1.312" O.D. .055" - .069" Thick, packs of 10, Two packs. Part #95649A256. $15T http://MCMASTER.COM

Update: 8-27-17
Here is an updated video to show how its done in real time by one of our community members.

-- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7k2nnLEWfU --

To get to this point you have to do some minor grinding of the Upper Control Arm.

Like so....

Once that is done, then get the plastic washers to fill in the empty gap that is there.

You will essentially make it look like this in the bushing carrier like shown below.

All complete, just re-install back.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://preludepower.com/forums/showthread.php?t=300591

Update Thread:

http://www.preludepower.com/forums/show ... p?t=301622

10/14/08: UCA'S: Prothane: # PTP 8-213 x 2! Please see thread to see alternatives for collar spacers/washers and washers to make these bushings last as long as their SuperPro or Orijin counterparts!!

Front Bushing & Rear Bushings have no # :

SuperPro SPF-2133K: Rear Control Arm Lower, Inner Bushing $62.00 a pair
No other Honda has the same bushing at the present time!

REAR LOWER CONTROL ARM INNER BUSHING ALTERNATIVE: Must be bought from http://suspension.com. Must use a metal washer to fill in the gap and must be heavily greased or tack welded with a mig welder from a body shop/exhuast shop or diy.

Rear, Inner, Lower, #15 in Factory Parts Catalog Diagram:

* = Notes Alternative Brand or size! NOT Included in total!

Alternative Total: $434.15

Ok that is the whole 3rd gen lude suspension universe in a nut
Shell. I looked at all my links and have no idea how I came up
With 17mm rear sway bar and 25mm front sway bar for my
‘91 si4ws?? I guess My brain is fryed at the moment. None of
The online Honda part catalogs show these sizes. I know these
Are atleast the correct sizes for my lude as I have installed the
Front ES greasable bushing as right as I know that the
Aftermarket Whiteline sway bars are 24mm front and 20 mm
Rear!

If you know how I came about these sway bar sizes please let
Me know and I will edit this.
This has been a comparence of what SuperPro has to offer and
What you can get that work just as good for a cheaper price
From other manufactures. With that said, I have found several
Other Bushings made of polyurethane that are not offered by
SuperPro!

OTHER BUSHINGS NOT OFFERED BY SUPERPRO For the 3rd Gen Prelude, IE these are taken from other hondas and Superpro doesn't list them for the 3rd gen.

ES (Energy Suspension) 16.13101R Front Ball Joint Boot Kit. $6.99
I Believe This is a 4 boot set. Including Front Upper and
Lower Ball Joints from donor Civic/Integra. So you would either
Be throwing away 2 or selling them on eBay or whatever. Only
Two will fit and that is for the Front Lower Ball Joint on 3rd
Gen Prelude. #10 in Factory Parts Diagram:

Or Prothane Counterpart: PTP 8-1701 Front Ball Joint Boot $5.55*
Kit. The catalog states that this is a Four Boot Set. Including
Front Upper and Lower Ball Joints from Donor Civic/Integra.
So you would either be throwing away 2 or selling them on
Ebay or whatever. Only Two will fit and that is for the Front
Lower Ball Joint on 3rd Gen Prelude. #10 In Factory Parts
Diagram.

Front Upper, Control Arm Ball Joint Boot: ES # 9.13103r PROBABLY THE REAR UPPER BALL JOINT ASWELL. This may very well $9.99 a pair.
fit the rear upper Ball Joint Boot on 3rd gen Honda Prelude but
because Honda does not offer the boot sold seperately for the rear
upper control arm only trial and error will tell if it fits!
ES # 9.13103r fits for the front upper, control arm ball joint bushing. This is a factory matching number from Honda for nearly every fricken Honda ever made. As far as Honda Part numbers for rack and pinion tie rod ends boots. 9.13104r for octagon red or change the last digit (r) to a (g) for black!

Or Prothane # PTP 19-1711: Honda Tie rod boot. (2 pair) $2.97 a pair! THIS MAY NOT FIT YOUR BALL JOINTS BUT TIE RODS. AFAIK I DON'T REMEMBER A CONFIRMATION ON BALL JOINT BOOTS. BUT MOOG IS PRETTY CHEAP AT ROCKAUTO.COM AND AMAZON.COM AND THEY COME WITH POLYURETHANE BOOTS.

Tie Rod Boots: On Both the Prothane and ES (Energy Suspension)
Catalogs all Tie Rod Boots they make for Honda and Acura are the same Tie Rod Boot / Part Number. So There is a good chance they would work. Prothane Part #:19-1711 ($2.97). ES (Energy Suspension) Part number: 9.13103R is the Round Shape in Red, ($3.99) 9.13103G is Round Shape in Black, 9.13104R is Octagon Shape in Red, 9.13104G is Octagon Shape in Black. Unfortunetly The Honda Factory catalog does not list a part number or sell Tie Rod Boots for 3rd Gen Prelude so I can’t confirm that way. THESE HAVE BEEN TESTED AND FIT.

I found a Honda factory suspension Bushing that has an
alternitave part number for a polyurethane Version! They are the
Front and Rear Bump Stops on the Shocks. I ordered these at my
Local Honda dealer and because My car had been serviced there
Year ago or the tranny was while it was out they put out an
Emergency back order for the part from all dealerships and
Warehouses. Unfortunetly I have bad news as they are
Discontinued! However since then I ordered one of the standard
Shock Bumpstops and will either try to get Kalm traveler to make
Urethane ones or I will give a go at it. They shouldn’t be that
Hard as they are just cylindrical barrel with no metal sleeve or
Collar. There is a remote chance that ES will have a universal
One that will work. #14 in Honda Parts Diagram:

UPDATE: I ordered the stock part number for these shock bump stops. Only one. It came in and was white and polyurethane. I ordered 3 more. I bought these at my local dealership and the parts came out of a local warehouse. I cannot confirm if the part number will provide white polyurethane bushings nationally. So it might be prudent to order at the higher cost from your local dealership. That way if they come in black foam/Old stock you can say these aren't white nor polyurethane!! Please order more in hopes of getting the polyurethane or refund my money!! The part number is: # 51722-SE0-003. Here is a pic:

I have been told these Blue Polyurethane Exhaust Hangers are no longer available. I have found a replacement supplier for not much more in black.

For good measure I will toss in the Blue Polyurethane Exhaust $13.00 a pair
Hangers! Top Speed: Hanger S-3. Small 3 hole. Comes in pairs. Buy 3 pair
6 Total needed for entire exhaust.

http://www.topspeedauto.com/ProductCart ... =27&page=2

AVAILABLE FROM THEIR EBAY STORE:
Universal Polyurethane Muffler Exhaust Hanger Hangers 2pcs Blue 8/10/12mm. Specify 8mm. EBAY STORE: topspeed-pro1-performance $16.99 A PAIR. ON SALE SOMETIMES $15.29. 8mm wanted for tight fit!

Torque Solutions Black Polyurethane Exhaust hangers 9mm hole 80 durometer. $8.00 each:

http://www.torquesolution.com/Torque_So ... eh-009.htm

Innovative Solid Polyurethane Motor Mounts with Steel Welde$199.99
Construction. Available in 60a, 75a, 85a, 95a shore ratings
(Hardness).

http://www.innovativemounts.com/Product ... Code=29151

AZ Race Machine Solid Polyurethane Motor Mounts with $350
Billet Alluminum Construction.

http://preludepower.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257172

http://www.1funryd.com/manufacturers.html

IF YOU KNOW OF ANY HONDA BALL JOINTS BOOTS OR TIE ROD ENDS BOOTS SOLD BY SUPERPRO PLEASE LET ME KNOW! I WILL THEN POST THEM UP!!

LINKS:

Super Pro Dealer (Tein):

http://www.tein.com/

Super Pro contact info: North & South America:

email:

http://www.tein.com/mail_form/superpro_mail.html

phone north and south America:

http://www.tein.com/contact_info/index.html

SuperFlex dealer: Prelude Power member 88selude aka Jon.

ES Dealer online: Autozone, Amazon.

http://www.autozone.com/home.htm

Prothane online dealer: AJUSA, Amazon.

http://www.ajusa.com/browse/brand/2/PTP

Special Order Prothane Rear Lower Control Arm Bushing Alternative:

http://suspension.com

Orijin:

http://www.orijinmotorsports.com/prodp88en.html

HISTORY:

http://www.preludepower.com/forums/show ... p?t=223940

http://preludepower.com/forums/showthre ... +lower+bar

http://preludepower.com/forums/showthre ... y+bushings

http://preludepower.com/forums/showthre ... ht=tie+bar

http://www.preludepower.com/forums/show ... p?t=289613

http://www.preludepower.com/forums/show ... p?t=274726

INTERCHANGE/COMPATIBILITY:

Front Control Arm Lower - Inner: Factory Honda Part # 51393-SE0-003:
’90-93 Acura Integra Front Control Arm Lower- Inner,’88-91 Civic Front Control Arm Lower, Inner. This has only been confirmed by one member that are using these from Prothane right now. I have measured them and have them in my possesion. They match Dimensions provided by SuperPro. However at the present time Honda Factory Catalog and the Acura Factory Catolog have the exact same part number for the “90-93 Acura Integra and the ‘88-91 Honda Prelude. I would like to note however that the Honda Factory Part # for the ‘88-91 Civic is not a complete match. Only Prothane’s Catalog Lists the ‘88-91 Civic having their same part number.

Front and Rear Lower Control Arm Shock Mount: Honda Factory Part # 51810-SE0-003: 3rd Gen Accord 86-89 3DOOR/4DOOR, ‘88-89 Accord 2DOOR, Front only Lower Control Arm Shock Mount Bushing. We have the same Front and Rear Lower Shock Mount so you would order Two sets of the 3rd Gen Accord Front Lower Shock Mount.
Front and Rear Upper Control Arm: NO Other car is a direct fit as far as the parts catalogs are concerned. If you want to try the possible alternative. Look at the Prelude Power Thread Links in optional bushings and bushings not provided by superpro above.
I would like to add that Honda only sells the complete upper control arm for the 3rd Gen Prelude. So Even if I put in a part number it wouldn’t matter.

Front Strut Bar/Radius Rod to Chassis/Frame: Honda Factory Part # 51395-SF1-004:
NO Other car is a direct fit as far as the parts catalogs are concerned. Their maybe an option that will work. Time will tell and trial fitting.

Front Sway Bar End link bushings: Honda Factory Part # 52316-692-010:
‘90-97 Integra, ‘98-01 Integra except VTEC, HONDA: ‘79-82 Prelude, ‘88-93 Civic CVCC, ‘94-95 Civic, ‘96-00 Civic except VTEC, ’88-91 CRX, ‘93-97 Del Sol except VTEC, ‘86-89 Accord 3DOOR/4DOOR, ‘88-89 Accord 2DOOR. Universal ES (Energy Suspension): with Hardware-(shaft, bushings & washers), Or Bushings & washers, Or Just Bushings. Prothane: with Hardware?? Not sure, Or Bushings with washers, Or Just Bushings.

Front Sway Bar to Frame: Honda Factory Part # 51306-SM4-010:
Universal 25mm from ES (Energy Suspension), ‘90-97 Accord??? ’92-01
Prelude, ‘90-93 Accord 2DOOR/4DOOR, ‘91-93 Accord Wagon,
ES-(Energy Suspension), and ‘90-97 Accord Prothane.

Rear Control Arm Lower, Inner Bushing: Honda Factory Part# 52354-SF1-003:
NO Other car is a direct fit as far as the parts catalogs are concerned.

Rear Strut Bar/Radius Rod to Chassis/Frame: Honda Factory Part # 51395-SA5-004:
NO Other car is a direct fit as far as the parts catalogs are concerned except the SuperPro catalog. (‘84-85) Accord 3DOOR/4DOOR.

Rear Sway Bar End link Bushing: This is the bushing that physically goes in either End of the Rear Sway Bar. If you have secluded end links this is the part that goes in The Top that is not provided. Honda Factory Part # 52316-SA5-000:
‘90 Acura Integra except GSL, ‘91-01 Acura Integra, ‘86-90 Acura Legend,
‘92-94 Acura Vigor, ‘97 Acura 2.2CL, ‘98-99 Acura 2.3CL, 97-98 Acura 3.0CL, ‘95-98 Acura 2.5TL, ‘96-98 Acura 3.2TL. HONDA: ‘84-89 Accord 3DOOR/4DOOR, ’88-97Accord 2DOOR, ‘90-97 Accord 4DOOR E2/E2 V-6, ‘90-93 Accord Except SE??, ‘83-91 Prelude, ‘89-93 Civic CVCC??,’88-91 Civic 3DOOR, ’92-95 Civic 4DOOR, ‘94-95 Civic??, ‘93-97 Del Sol, ’95-98 Oddyssey.

Rear Sway Bar Link Lower Bushing w/ No Hardware: Honda Factory Part # 52316-692-010: ‘79-82 Prelude, ‘86-89 Accord 3DOOR/4DOOR, ‘88-89 Accord 2DOOR, ’88-91 CRX, ‘88-91 Civic 3DOOR/4DOOR, ‘88-91 Civic Wagon. The Universal ES-(Energy Suspension) bushings listed above are cheap and work great!

Rear Sway Bar Mount to Chassis/Frame Bushing: Honda Factory Part # 52315-SF1-010:
‘98-02 Accord (6 cylinder 2DR EX OR LX ONLY) Prothane 8-1129?, This has not been Tested yet. The Honda Factory Part # don’t macth. This same part # shows up in the Universal Section as a 11/16” Bushing. It however is a larger bushing and bracket physicaly. My ES Bushing that is listed as 17mm on ES catalog came in a box that is labeled 11/16” / 17mm. However The greasable (with zerk) 11/16” by ES Catalog is listed as 17.5!! I FEEL JIPPED!! I Know that half a mm is small but I bought what I thought was the true 17mm for the tighter better fit!! ES-(Energy Suspension) universal 17mm, Prothane Universal 17mm PTP 19-1116. This prothane is a smaller bushing and bracket like the ES one I bought, almost Identical. I measured my ES 9.5121R tonite and one way it’s a dead on 17mm and perpendicular it was more like 16.5mm so I am happy!

Front Upper Shock Mount: Honda Factory Part # 51631-SB0-004 / 51631-SH0-003: UPPER PART NUMBER: ‘88-00 Civic 4DOOR, ‘93-00 Civic 2DOOR, ‘88-00 Civic 3DOOR, ‘88-91 Civic Wagon, ‘88-91 CRX, ‘93-97 Del Sol, ‘83-91 Prelude, ‘97-01 CR-V, ‘86-89 Accord 3DOOR/4DOOR, ‘90-93 Accord 4DOOR, ‘88-93 Accord 2DOOR, ‘91-93 Accord Wagon, ‘95-98 Oddyssey. ACURA: ’86-90 Legend, ’90-01 Integra, ’92-94 Vigor. Prothane Part # 8-901 ( ’88-00) civic prothane catalog. ES-(Energy Suspension) 16.8102R

Front Lower Ball Joint/ Boot: Honda Factory Part # 51225-SB0-003: Acura: ’90-93 Integra, Honda: ’83-91 Prelude, ’86-89 Accord 3DOOR/4DOOR, ‘88-89 Accord 2DOOR, ’88-91 Civic 3DOOR/4DOOR, ‘88-91 Civic Wagon, ’88-91 CRX. ES-(Energy Suspension) 16.13101R, Prothane- PTP 8-1701.

Upper Shock Bump Stop: Honda Factory Part # 51722-SE0-003 (RUBBER), POLYURETHANE (DISCONTINUED) 51722-SF1-014: ’86-89 3DOOR/4DOOR Accord, ’88-89 2DOOR Accord, ’88-91 Civic 3DOOR/4DOOR, ‘88-91 Civic Wagon, ’88-91 CRX. ACURA: ‘90-93 Integra. Need to call prothane and see if there shock kit includes this bump stop.
Could kill two birds with one stone. Also need to call Energy Suspension to ask same question.

FOR THE GAMBLER:
Order the Energy Supension Front Control Arm Bushings set #16.3103R, $45.99.
According to the Prothane catalog only. The front lower inner control arm bushing from the 90-93 Integra is the same on ‘88-91 Civic. Also as listed in possible option for upper control arm bushings as stated by two members on prelude power in thread above. If I hadn’t Already bought my front lower inner control arm bushing from prothane then I would Be the guinee pig. Also per above pp thread the prothane versions of uca are a direct Fit. Nor optimum. I can’t wait till someone tries this as I spent $19.55 for the front Lower Control Arm bushing from prothane! So IF These UCA”S Bushings fit that would make the UCA bushings DIRT CHEAP!!!! It would nock off nearly $115 of the total!!

UPDATE: 10/14/08:
SHOCK BUMPSTOPS
UCA'S: The closest we are going to get to UCA Bushings that are direct match to our car!! If you can't find the spacers needed at your local harware store order one of the part numbers provided for mcmaster.com. For Interchange Reference, These are the '90-97 accord upper control arm bushings or the 4th gen Prelude!

UPDATE: 10/21/08:
Added Front upper shock mount bushing by SuperPro and Front Upper Ball joint Boot and possible rear upper ball joint boot.

UPDATE: 10/27/08:
Added Possible ES Rear Strut Bar / Radius Rod comparence pictures. Also added a Pic of product Prothane Front, Inner, Lower, Control Arm Bushing Packaged Pic.

UPDATE: 3/05/09:
DO NOT BUY THE PROTHANE REAR SWAY BAR ROD END BUSHINGS. LOOK ABOVE FOR MORE INFORMATION. I will update this once I get the stock bushings and measure them.

UPDATE: 8/03/09:
ORIJIN UPPER CONTROL ARM BUSHINGS ARE NO LONGER AVAILABLE AS OF 2 MONTHS OR SO. Probably as a result of me creating this thread and sean (1funryd) who took a gamble on bushings that might not fit. I haven't installed these yet but hope to soon. I just bought the spacers and after ordering them friday night found a better fit on mcmaster.com. Either I miss caculated the decimal or something. If I get time tonight I will post what I ended up buying. Ended up calling them at 2:30 AM and low behold they have 24 hour phone services!! Also bought some metal washers for the outside of the uca's front and back. The ones I ended up with was like $8 for 100. Zinc Plated. They are for 3/8's bolts but it is a lot easier to drill out a 1/16" on a fender washer with drill press or not than reshapeing the outside diameter (o.d.). O.D. is 1 1/2". Part #91090A115 $9.23. Plastic washer for spacer in the middle gap between Prothane left and right bushings that are two per upper control arm. May need two per bushing pair. UHMW Polyethylene flat washer 3/4" screw size, 1.312" O.D. .055" - .069" Thick, packs of 10, Two packs. Part #95649A256. $15T http://MCMASTER.COM

ORIJIN HAS THERE OWN SPECIAL COMPOSITE BUSHINGS AND TO SOME PEOPLE THERE IS NOTHING BETTER! IF YOU MUST HAVE ORIJIN IT'S NOT LIKE THEY HAVEN'T DISCONTINUED THEM BEFORE AND WAS BROUGHT BACK WITH A PRELUDEPOWER GROUP BUY! IF YOU FEEL YOU MUST HAVE THEM THEN CONTACT THEM VIA THEIR CONTACT INFORMATIONN ON THEIR WEBSITE AND SET UP A GROUP BUY!

UPDATE: 3/15/10:
Taken from private conversation about this thread. Oh yeah I wasn’t trying to be a dick when I called sean a moron for not using washers on upper control arm bushings. Could of happened to any of us. Its just if you look at superpro catalog bushing pics or orijin they both have washers. Also on this subject I do know now unlike posted above. You need washers for lower control arm bushings aswell. And they are big so you may have to order from McMaster.com anyway. The only ones that don’t need it is the rear lower control arm inner bushings. If you look at the Hondas parts catalog they show some kind of oval washer stock for that bushing. But you need to buy appropriate size of outside diameter of bushings Washers on front lower inner control arm bushings. You also need to buy the appropriate outside diameter of bushing washers for all four corners of lower shock mount bushings. Or another words the front and rear lower control arm outer bushings. The Superpro bushing catalog pics show washers for these lower control arms bushings aswell. The prothane are made basically the same and require the same washers. Still a HELLOF LOT CHEAPER THAN SUPERPRO AT $50 FOR PAIR OF BUSHINGS EVEN ITY BITY BASTARDS WITH NO WASHERS. YUP I SAID IT!! FUCK SUPERPRO!! THIS IS MY OFFICIAL FUCK SUPERPRO AND ORIJIN THREAD!! MUHAHA!! While no other honda has as many bushings as the 3rd gen lude. ES (energy suspension) and Prothane complete kits for entire car for other hondas and other cars are well under half of what superpro and superflex want for their kits.

UPDATE 5/11/10: NEW Exhaust hanger supplier!

panda91

Re: Polyurethane Bushing part# for 88-91 Prelude

Post by panda91 » 29 Aug 2017, 02:54

Awesome write up man, have you found anything on steering rack bushings I believe the driver side is discontinued I'll check

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

1funryd United States of America
Mood:

Post by 1funryd » 30 Aug 2017, 16:15

Steering rack bushings, are you referring to the rubber around the rack?

boostedlude3g United States of America
Mood:

Post by boostedlude3g » 15 Feb 2019, 21:55

Please update the links to your pics.