ATTENTION:
I've set up this simple forum as a back-up for the 3G community on Preludepower.com

For ease of use you can quickly log in using your Facebook account, up there /\ OR just register an account like usual.

88-91 Prelude Lower Control Arm Bushings

General '88 - '91 Prelude Discussion
1funryd United States of America
Mood:

88-91 Prelude Lower Control Arm Bushings

Post by 1funryd » 04 Jan 2019, 00:02

(Original poster: b20luda - https://www.preludepower.com/forums/sho ... p?t=289613)

88-91 Civic LCA
90-93 Integra LCA

I recently decieded to replace the inner front lower control arm bushings due to the flex i noticed, i did some research and found that 88-91 civic and 90-93 integra LCA bushings are the same as 88-91 prelude, i bought a set from lighting motorsports for like 30 bucks shipped!!

you will need a tool to press these bushings out, i used a 24mm impact socket from harbor frieght, ground it down a bit and were set!
(picture missing)

On the press with my contraption of things to make it sqaure for pressing
(picture missing)

what it looks like with no bushing
(picture missing)

The new bushing push right in with a bit of force and some lube that was supplied with them..
(picture missing)

picture of them installed, you can see that the new bushings have a "shoulder" so they fit tight in there spots
(picture missing)

This is what they look like stock notice there isnt any shoulder on the stock bushings and the metal spacer is what is clamped.
(picture missing)

Test drive... the car is much tighter feeling when taking off and i also noticed a bit less vibration under hard accel.

Prothane replacement part#'s:

8-210 Red

8-210BL

HARDRACE FRONT LOWER CONTROL ARM BUSHINGS - 88-91 CIVIC / CRX & 90-93 INTEGRA