ATTENTION:
I've set up this simple forum as a back-up for the 3G community on Preludepower.com

For ease of use you can quickly log in using your Facebook account, up there /\ OR just register an account like usual.

88-91 Prelude A/C Compressor Contol Unit & Fan Resistor location and replacement

General '88 - '91 Prelude Discussion
1funryd United States of America
Mood:

88-91 Prelude A/C Compressor Contol Unit & Fan Resistor location and replacement

Post by 1funryd » 04 Jan 2019, 00:11

(Original poster: 1FunRyd - https://www.preludepower.com/forums/sho ... p?t=244185)

Ok, I wanted to post this thread up so it would be easier for all to find. And we all know it is easier to see what were talking about when we have pictures. :)

**SquishyPanda I used your picture since you had the best shot. Thanks!.**

This is concerning the A/C Compressor Control Unit(CCU) which is the culprit for alot of the A/C problems that most of us experience.

Now I am not saying this is the only problem I am just illustrating where to find them and what to look for. For all the newbies and the old timers who forget.

And Blower motor Resistor which controls the Fan speeds 1-4.
This resistor will need to be replaced if you have lost either speed 1, 2, 3 etc.. It cost me a $43.00 at the dealer, or you may be able to have someone resolder the resistor back together. I personally have not tried it, but I am sure someone with an electrical background and knowledge of that weird stuff on the resistor that connects it all will be able to redo it.

As you can see below the resistor is broken at that electrical weld stuff??

This is where both are located:
Behind the glove box, no need to remove the dash.

I hope this helps to shed some light on the subject.

Sean

Originally posted by Cudaboy - I might add that the ccu is brown on 90-91 in the same location.